Tuesday 18 May 2010

The Lost Angel




What a good name for a venue hey? And even better that it's near my house :) The Lost Angel and The Lost Society are sisters, and they up the South of the river's cool stakes an awful lot.

The Lost Angel is on Battersea Park Road; a pretty lifeless area that makes think you're definitely "lost." But if you keep your eyes peeled, this restaurant-come-bar-come-dance-floor is definitely there. They see themselves as a 'neighbourhood joint' where you can come for a bite to eat in the week, and a party on the weekends. Having done both I can tell you it's true.

The decor is super cool. It has a long bar in the middle of the room that stretches all the way to the back wall. All the colours are very rich; mahogany brown, racing green, with low lighting, faux leather seats, antlers on the wall, and pictures of the Queen to assure you you're in a classy establishment. You feel like you're in a sassy saloon or lodge.

On a week day the atmosphere is really laid back and quite New York. They have a big food menu with a mixture of light bites, starters, sophisticated mains, and pub food. My main criticism would be the service. It was pretty slow... But we can forgive them for that because the food was yummy! I had some delicious red snapper with olive oil mash. Well presented but a small portion (but maybe I'm just greedy!).

My first visit made me think that I have to come back here on a weekend. Luckily my friend had a birthday celebration there last Friday, and so I got to see it in all its glory. This place really comes alive and transforms into a party venue. The bar is heaving, and quite right too because the drinks are great. Their drinks menu is huge, and they do my two favourite cocktails so I was a very happy bunny. The music was great, and the cherry on the top has to be their beer garden. With decking, fairy lights and an outside bar, it's the perfect place to enjoy the hot weather. So bring on the summer I say!

It's a great place for dinner with friends, drinking, dancing and birthday celebrations.

I'm very happy I've found The Lost Angel.

x

1 comment:

  1. Even better for a sweeping surprise visit from a dashing young ranger to wisk you off your feet... some say
    x

    ReplyDelete