Thursday 15 April 2010

Flourless Chocolate Brownies :)



Continuing with my weekend cook-a-thons, I made Flourless Chocolate Brownies last weekend courtesy of Nigella. They are SO easy to make, and taste divine if I say so myself! Because there's no flour in them they are super squidgy and gooey which is just how I like my brownies. Very rich and a real hit for dinner parties. Everyone loves them!

So here's the recipe:

Ingredients for the brownie:

225g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
225g butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g of caster sugar (I used brown sugar)
3 eggs, beaten
150g ground almonds
100g chopped walnuts (I just used a bag of mixed nuts)

1) Preheat the oven to 170C/gas mark 3. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.

2) Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little (so that when you add the egg in a minute the mixture doesn't cook it!)


3) Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds and chopped walnuts. Turn into a 24cm square baking tin, or, most sensibly, use a foil one.


4) Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey.


5) Let it cool down completely. I was too impatient and when I tried to cut it into squares I made a real mess because it wasn't cool enough, so try and wait as long as poss if you can bear it! Then just cut into however many/whatever size/shape bites of deliciousness as you like!


You can also make a chocolate sauce to pour over the top if you're feeling like a chocolate blow out. Here's how to make it:


Ingredients for the sauce:


75g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
125ml double cream
2 teaspoons of espresso powder dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1 x 15 ml tablespoon golden syrup


1) Break up the choc and put into a heavy-based saucepan.


2) Add the remaining ingredients, the place the pan over a gentle heat and let everything melt together. Mmmm.


3) Once everything has melted, stir well, take off the heat and pour into a jug to serve.


4) Lick the spoon :)


Enjoy!


x

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I'm going to make these this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete